A forum to discuss anything and everything that occurs in the Boston Sports World

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Trot to Arod: "You're no Jeter"

So Trot Nixon and Arod are now at odds. Yesterday, Nixon unleashed a blistering salvo at Arod, saying the third baseman is not the "yankee type." In other words, Nixon believes Arod is a prissy loser. I believe much of this stems from Game 6 of the ALCS where Arod tried slapping the ball of of Bronson Arroyo's glove. Nixon specifically said, "when people ask me about the Yankees, I tell them about (Derek) Jeter and Bernie Williams and (Jorge) Posada. I don't tell them about Rodriguez. ... He can't stand up to Jeter in my book or Bernie Williams or Posada." Jeter is one thing, but Bernie Williams? Wow, those are fighting words. Hey, I hate Arod as much as the next guy, but cmon Trot. Comparing Gay Rod with Bernie is a little bit out of bounds.

With bad blood between these two, I am really looking forward to game two of the upcoming season (Nixon won't play opening day against the lefty Randy Johnson). Specifically, I want to see what happens after Nixon rips one to right center and walks into third while Bernie rolls the ball back into Womack. Lets see what Arod does when Nixon asks, "hey Alex where's your purse?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home